CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Take me out to the ball game....

On Friday night my company took us all to an Orem Owlz baseball game. Billy isn't a huge baseball fan so I invited my nephew, Jarrett, as my guest. It turned out to be his lucky day! My company was able to choose someone to be able to throw the first pitch at the game and Jarrett was the lucky one to be chosen! He was so excited. He even got his hat autographed by the guy that caught his pitch. He thought that was pretty cool! Later in the evening, Jarrett was able to meet and get a picture with country singer, Collin Raye! He was so excited. The ball he is holding in the pic is the one he pitched, and they let him keep it. He had Hootz (the mascot) and Collin Raye sign it for him!
Jarrett is such an awesome kid! The first thing he said to me after he pitched the ball was "You'll have to tell your boss thank you very much for letting me do this!" He was such a gentleman! He never has any problem making friends, and he made a new one at the game...our law clerk, Chad. Chad was awesome enough to listen to all of his stories!
One memory I wanted to share was, we were talking about how Jarrett was excited for his little brother to come, and how he thought that since Cierra and Saige were alot like Caiden he was sure that his new brother would be just like him. Then I asked him what he wanted to name his new little brother and he said..."well I was thinking I would ask my mom if we could name him Chad" (He must have thought our law clerk was one cool guy!)
Anyway, thanks to Jarrett for going with me, I had a blast!

2 comments:

Calie and Dave

That's awesome that he got to throw the first pitch and meet Collin Ray I bet he was so excited!

The Hardings

Hey Raquel we went to the game that same night I love to go to the owlz game so whenever you want to go give me a holler!!!!