We were so lucky to get in a second Lake Powell trip this year. This trip was a little different. It was our first trip with friends, not family. It was a great little end of summer getaway! I have to say that Lake Powell in September may be my favorite time! The water was amazing, and although chilly in the night/mornings, the weather was beautiful!

Calie and Dave put together a great group of people! It was so fun to meet a few new couples, and I was so excited how well everyone got along with one another!
Billy was in heaven because he actually got to go fishing! We don't usually get much fishing in on our July trip, so he was so glad he final got to on this one! They did really well, and we even ate fish for dinner one night!



I was finally able to get up on the wakeboard after seriously 3 years of trying! I don't know what my deal was before because I was able to get up on only my 2nd or 3rd try this time! I credit Jared's advice of telling me to lean back...I seriously don't think I have ever leaned back before! Haha! I surprisingly got up on the wake surf as well! I have to say I was pretty proud of myself :)

(Don't mind my face, I was concentrating really hard!)
8 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I would love to go on a couples get away with friends. We always ditch the guys and do a ladies weekend. But I think the dudes would make it more fun! Can you believe I have never been to Powell. I need to go there at some point! Good job on wakeboarding too!
I'm so jealous! Looks like a blast!
Love it...it was a blast!!! Houseboat or no houseboat...we are for sure going next year! More memories need to be made!
That looks like so much fun, and the pictures are beautiful!
I love Lake Powell. But I haven't been for at least 6 years....
It really was a blast! Thanks for going with us it wouldn't have been the same without you. I agree with Katie we are doing another trip next year, houseboat, or no houseboat. Although it is going to be hard going back to the camping stuff!
That was so much fun! We need to get together soon. PS...Jeff keeps talking about that corn dip:)
Thanks for the recipes and thanks for the memories. We had so much fun with you and want to make more!
Those pics are amazing, I love Lake Powell!
Post a Comment