KANYON GREG DALEY
Born September 6, 2008 at 12:05 am
7 lbs 9 oz
Born September 6, 2008 at 12:05 am
7 lbs 9 oz
Proud parents: Greg & Julie Daley (my bro and sis-in-law)

We are so excited for our new nephew! He's had a rough start so far, having to stay in the NICU because of an infection in his lungs, but things are looking brighter and hopefully soon we'll get to hold the little guy!
Billy was out of town on the weekend so on Friday when it was inevitable that Kanyon would be born, my mom and I headed up to the hospital to be there for the miraculous moment. We had been visiting with Julie and Greg, and the doctor came in so we left to go get a drink out of the machine down the hall. Minutes later we returned and were told we couldn't go back in, but that we should listen...and next thing we knew we heard the powerful cry of the little man...and let me tell you he was a screamer! A few minutes later we got to meet him as they took him out to the newborn admit room. We stayed and stared at him through the glass for a good hour before we finally went home at about 1:30 am.
The next morning I went and picked up my neices and nephew. While traveling down there...at speeds we won't talk about :)...I was lucky enough to get pulled over. I told the officer that my sister was in the hospital having a baby and I was going to get her kids so he let me off with a warning, but not after lecturing me on how there is never any reason to speed, even if the kids were home alone! I know you shouldn't make excuses...but this was a once in a life time opportunity to use that one and actually have it be true!
So the remainder of the weekend was spent hanging out with my beautiful neices, and awesome nephew! The weekend included shopping, bowling, singing, and dancing! My favorite qoute from the weekend goes to Saige...when asked where Grandma and Cierra were her response was as follows: "They went to the store to buy Cierra a toothbrush, and me some princess toothpaste, because I love princess toothpaste because it tastes so good...but don't worry Raquel, it doesn't taste like princesses!" How can you not love little kids!

2 comments:
So fun, there are so many little Kanyons now I love that name, Clayton's little boy is Kanyon too!
Congrats on your new little nephew! Now that hunting is finally over we need to go and do something fun! Like go to Vegas!
Post a Comment