For Billy's mom's birthday we got her tickets to the Martina McBride concert. So yesterday Monica and I set off to go see the show. We made our first stop at yummy Cafe Rio for dinner. Then went to get in line at the concert so we could get decent lawn seats. So, while waiting in line (we were there about 45 minutes before the doors even opened) the radio station started giving away tickets. The announcer said, " I have second row seats for the first person to bring me a dollar bill with two 9's and two 3's in the serial number." So I checked the dollar bills I had gotten for change that morning, and sure enough I had one. I ran over there and showed him and he traded our lawn seats for second row seats!
Anyway, Chris Young opened up. He's not very well known, he won Nashville Star a couple years ago. I have his cd so I knew most of his songs so it was fun. Here we are with him behind us...


Next was Jack Ingram. We knew quite a few of his songs, so it was fun to sing along.
Here's a little tidbit of Martina...
Thanks so much to Monica for going with me! It was so much fun to have a girls night with you!.
Also a big thanks to everyone who let me butt in line with them at the bookstore after the concert so I could get my copy of Breaking Dawn! You girls are great!
5 comments:
how fun!!!!! that would be an awsome birthday... mines in January lets see who comes in concert then. hahaha
It was so good to hear from you. It looks like you are having a fun summer. It is crazy to see how much our lives have changed. It seems like yesterday that we were jumping on our tramp together and playing softball with all the neighbor boys. Keep in touch
That is so awesome that you were able to get second row seats! Now if you could of just been that lucky with John Mayer!! Then we wouldn't have had the old ladies telling us to sit down! Looks like you guys had tons of fun!
Hey-looks like a fun concert!! so you guys are hiding out again! It's been what a year since we seen you, ok davin is only a little over a month old so it wasn't that long ago but we are ready for a camping trip or vacation so let us know when you are free...we were going to san diego in a few weeks but now steve's parents are probably going in feb. so we are probably going to wait and go then. so we need something fun to do before i have to go back to work. :)
You have all the luck, that is awesome. I was looking at Kenzie's picture of the book store and i was wondering where you came from, because I was there right before it opened and then left because I didn't buy the book. The book it great isn't it?
Post a Comment