
Not only have we doubled our garden space we have also added a strawberry patch in the back corner of our house! This is the thing I am most excited for, I can't wait to make strawberry freezer jam!

We've also planted a little apple tree. I've always wanted one, but didn't know if I wanted to deal with the apples that drop on the lawn. However, I gave in because I really wanted one! So, hopefully within the next few years we will be over flowing with apples!

Last, but definitely not least, Billy built this little beauty:

This will be the new home for these little guys:

This is the one that I can't believe I allowed. I mean . . . chickens really? Billy has wanted to get chickens forever, but I kept telling him NO WAY! We had one chicken for about a day. Toby loved it, and actually spent the entire night outside laying next to it instead of inside sleeping! However, i just didn't want to deal with chicken poop, and all that jazz. So the chicken went back to his dad's house. Somehow Billy talked me into it this time and he went and got 3 chickens and a Turken (the one in the pic with no neck feather) So, I guess we will have eggs before to long!
So there you have it . . . apparently we are farmers now!

5 comments:
Man reading this makes me feel like I am up at Paul and Virginia's. We were up there this weekend and Paul was so excited to show us his HUGE garden. I think Billy gets that from his grandpa! Blame him! I love your blog background and writing. How did you do that?
You are such a domestic GODDESS!! Seriously! I'm so impressed!
You are little farmers! That's so impressive!
You guys are my heroes!!! I just bought supplies to start a garden... a very small and humble one. I hope it goes well. I love all the great things you guys are doing!! I am excited to see how the chickens work out :)
Wow Billy did do a great job with those garden boxes! Is he for hire?? I have been telling Dave for years that I just want to grow a few things, but I have yet to get him to help me do it. Maybe I just need to do it on my own. I love that you have chickens too! I pay extra to get organic eggs and chicken because this show I watched has me paranoid about all the hormones and crap they put into it! YAY No hormones for you guys! Good luck!
Post a Comment