CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

A new craft!

So for Christmas my mom gave me a sewing machine, and said we needed to take some classes to learn to sew. Honestly, I took the 1 term long vocational core sewing class that was required in Jr. High, and that was the extent of my sewing experience. My Gma has repeatedly told me that she would teach me, but have just never done it. So I decided that now that I have a sewing machine of my own, I ought to put it to good use!

My mom and I went to a few quilting stores and picked up some patterns and fabric, and I pretty much just jumped right in having no clue exactly what I was doing. But by the end of the night I had made these cute little receiving blankets!It was amazing how fast sewing comes back to you when you just try! These blankets are super easy and I think a good start to my new sewing adventures! Next I'm going to attempt an apron, so we'll see how that goes!

2 comments:

Sierra and Steve

cute blankets, guess i'll have to have another kid so you can put them to use ;)

Andrea

Isn't so fun to sew! I started sewing after I had Chloe. I haven't done much recently. I want to attempt to make her a dress, will see how that goes. I bought material to make Jax a blanket, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Those blankest are darling, look at you, the new Martha Stewart! Can't wait to see the apron!